Saturday, July 27, 2013

July 27, 2013 Moderation

My husband  and I ran together this morning and talked a lot about moderation - in exercise AND eating!  He started running in late May and runs with me several times a week.  We run between 6.5 and 7.5 miles depending on the day.  Great for him because he is feeling good and has trimmed down and is happy.  Great for me because now I have a running partner.  When I began this exercise journey 3 years ago, it took me months to run 2 miles without feeling like I was going to fall over.  Running is hard for me and I have worked hard and diligently to increase my distance.  It bothered me at first that he could just run with me after a month.  He is just a more natural runner.  Do what you can - exercise is a personal journey.  Especially when you start.  My husband had his share of aches and pains at the start and he worked a lot on his form and his stretching before heading out.  I am not saying to not push yourself but to understand what your body is telling you.  Run or exercise every other day at the beginning.  Build your body up.  Think moderation.  Think success.

                                                      

No recipe today!  Just some thoughts on moderation at the table.  My biggest problem has always been portion size.  I like food and I like to eat.  That combination was not helping my waistline...Forty pounds ago, I decided to cut out junk food and to eat one plate of food at dinner.  I started eating hummus and pretzels for an afternoon snack instead of cookies.  There is no preaching here.  Think moderation.  I would eat two hershey kisses after dinner as my treat each day.  Try eating sensible meals and healthy snacks.  I can't be hungry or I am very grumpy.  Grab an apple for a morning snack.  Try a new snack every week.  Think healthy.  Think success.


1 comment:

  1. Hello my sister. I mentioned your blog in my blog today - check it out:
    http://www.pinkwatermelons.blogspot.com/
    Also, you might want to join the Sunday Smorgasbord linky party.

    ReplyDelete