Wednesday, July 10, 2013

July 10, 2103

Remember that exercise keeps me sane!  This is why I get up early in the morning in ANY weather or temperature.  Exercise clears my head and I greet my day with a smile.  It might sound corny but it is true!  Some of my best ideas for teaching have come to me during a run or I figure out something in my schedule that I did not think possible.  Exercise options are available to everyone!  I have a friend with a herniated disc and a bad knee.  Guess what?  She just started swimming laps!  LN texted me last week after her first time in the pool and said it was really hard but that she was so glad she did it and has gone back for more!  AND she is on vacation.  Exercise options are everywhere.  While watching the morning news after a run this morning, I took out an exercise band with handles and worked my arms and back and shoulders.  Why not?  I was watching the news and took advantage of it.  Love it!  
                                               

Here is a recipe to share today!  Recently is a family favorite: Chicken cacciatore:

1 lb boneless chicken (I use tenders)
2 bell peppers of your choice
1 onion
1 package sliced baby bella mushroooms
28oz can tomato sauce
1lb box of pasta

Heat a large skillet that has a lid.  Add 2 tbsp olive oil.  Salt and pepper chicken and put seasoned side down in skillet.  Salt and pepper the other side once in skillet.  After 3 minutes, turn chicken over and continue to cook for 3 minutes.  While chicken is cooking, chop onion.  Add onion to skillet and break up the chicken into chunks.  Roughly chop peppers and add.  Cook for 3 minutes.  Add tomato sauce.  Add spices that you like.  I use salt, pepper, oregano and parsley and two bay leaves.  I also add a quick shake of red pepper flakes for spice!  Add mushrooms, cover and let cook 1 hour.  Remove bay leaves and toss with cooked pasta and enjoy!  Sprinkle with parmesan cheese if you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment