Tuesday, July 23, 2013

July 23, 2013

During the school year, I leave for a very early morning run at 4:40 a.m. three days a week.  I want to give a shout out today to a fellow early morning runner who is a good friend and neighbor.  We would see each other in the dark running in the opposite direction and wave.  She called out to me "let's have dinner soon" and we eventually did.  We chatted about how great it was to exercise in the quiet of the morning and to have it over with before our hectic days started.  CS has taken ill but I want to share with you and with her how impressed I was with her running (she called in "shuffling") and with her ability to get out of bed at that crazy hour and enjoy herself!  I know that I will be seeing her on North Quaker soon enough.  CS, remember that I will "shuffle" with you any day that you are ready!  I think of you and can't wait to see you home!


Mango Salsa

CS and I had dinner at a Thai Restaurant and I ordered a dessert with mango and rice.  Yum!  This mango salsa is also a shout out to her!  Her husband does a lot of the cooking (how jealous am I!) but this is easy and delicious.  I am serving it with the baked cod recipe and rice.

2 mangoes peeled and chopped
1/2 chopped red onion
1/2 english cucumber diced
juice of one lime

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir!  As Ina Garten might say, "How easy is that?".  Give it a try and you just might like it!

                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment