Sunday, July 28, 2013

Body Pump and Brownies

My summer goal is to integrate body conditioning into my exercise regimen.  I run or spin for cardio but have never been interested in body conditioning.  Whenever I would think about it, I would just not know how to start or I would just think it unnecessary.  I did a post on CX Worx which has been fun and challenging and I have also started doing Body Pump.  This is a 60 minute class (I thought immediately no way) but my friend encouraged my to try it on July 4th.  I thought ugh but tried it out.  Was it fun?  No, because it was my first time and I could not do everything because I was not strong enough and because I did not know the routine.  You know that I say to try something new twice before making a decision so I went back and have done it now 5 times.  It is so good for you!  The hour goes by fast and we work really hard.  Building muscle is not easy but so worth it.  The fear of hanging triceps makes me work harder.  Do you remember a teacher writing on the board with jiggly arms?  I am a teacher and do not want kids to think of jiggly arms when they think of me!  Body pump is a whole body workout.  Think about muscle conditioning and see if your gym offers a similar class.  Try it twice...

                                              

Brownies?  Why not!  This is a family favorite and I made it today to send over to a neighbor who is recuperating.  Everything in moderation....

                                             
Brownie:

2 squares unsweetened chocolate
1 stick unsalted butter
1 cup packed light brown sugar
2 eggs
2/3 cup flour
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350.  Line an 8 in square pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
Melt chocolate and butter in microwave in a microwave safe bowl.  Stir until smooth.    Stir in brown sugar.  Add eggs one at a time.  Stir in flour.  Stir in vanilla.  Pour into prepared pan and bake for 22 minutes.

Remove from oven and turn off oven.  Sprinkle top of cooked, hot brownies with chocolate chips.  Put pan back in oven for 30 seconds until chips are shiny.  Remove pan and spread chips across the top until smooth and shiny.

Turn broiler on.  Sprinkle top of brownies with mini marshmallows.  Put under broiler but leave the oven door propped open.  As soon as marshmallows turn brown, remove from oven to cool.  Cut and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment