Monday, July 15, 2013

July 15, 2012 Spinning and Baking Cod

Spinning class is another favorite of mine.  What is it?  You "ride" a bike and the instructor lets you know if you are racing, riding on a flat road, riding on a hill, etc.  There are several positions on the bike - staying in the saddle, standing straight in position 2 or climbing in position 3.  It may sound complicated but you determine how high you want the resistance or how low.  It is a great workout especially if you find an instructor who plays awesome music.  What I like about this rigorous workout is that you really work at your level.   It is also social!  My gym has classes between 5:45 am and at 7:00 pm.  You can catch a class that works in your schedule!  Another option for a super workout.  The age range of men and women spinning in my gym is between 16 and 70!  Give it a try TWICE!

                                                         

Recipe:  Baked Cod

I have finally gotten over my fear of cooking fish!  I love to cook and bake but I only ate fish out in a restaurant.  Fear no more!  One of my kids will even eat this cod dish!  Serve it with couscous or rice and your favorite vegetable.  We like it with fresh steamed green beans.

Ingredients:
1 lb piece of cod
2 cups panko bread crumbs (I like Italian style)
1 lemon
1 clove of garlic

Put panko in a shallow dish.  I use a pie dish.  Grate the peel of the lemon and peel and grate the garlic.  Mix lemon peel and garlic with the panko.  Dredge the fish in the bread crumb mixture.  Cover both sides of the fish and place on foiled cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray.  Bake at 375 for 20 minutes and enjoy! Squeeze lemon over finished cod.  So easy and so good and nothing to be feared!

                                                         

2 comments:

  1. hi Nancy, its your brother in law. I would love to try your panko crusted baked cod!. It looks very good and I think I would like it. Maybe you can make it the next time you are over. As long as the pieces are not too thick. (Just in case you didn't know which brother in law was writing to you, you do now!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to make this for you! Bethany might have a stab at it too! Have her make it for you at her new place!

    ReplyDelete